Recipe: White Bean Hummus
|Recipe: White Bean Hummus|
Recipe type: Appetizer
Prep time: 5 mins
Total time: 5 mins
We should eat beans everyday for their healthful fiber, protein and luscious taste. White beans are especially nice. Get creative with this recipe and add roasted red peppers, spinach or whatever you like.
- 3 cups cooked white beans (or 2 15-ounce cans, 1 drained)
- 3/4 to 1 c water (or the liquid from 1 can of white beans)
- 2 to 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 T tahini (or 4 T sesame seeds)
- 2 to 4 T fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 to 1 t cumin
- 1/4 t smoked paprika
- 1/8 to 1/2 t chipotle chili powder or cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
- Place all ingredients in high-speed blender or food processor.
- Mix to desired consistency, adding water as needed.
- Enjoy with fresh vegetables, on pita, or with whole grain pretzels or crackers.
Adapted from Fat Free Vegan Kitchen